Saturday, July 21, 2012

Another Finish


We had "Girls Night Out" at our local quilt shop Friday night, and I was able to finish a Christmas gift for my grandson. Their family likes to go camping with their pop-up camper, and when I found this fabric I had to make this for Henry. The pattern was a mystery quilt pattern that Merry Mayhem offered on January 1, 2012. Here are the quilts my friends Pam and Carol made during our January Wayward Girls day.




The lap-size quilt is easily made with a Jelly Roll (about 20 strips of fabric that measure 2.5 inches x 40 inches.), some additional background fabric, and your border fabric choices.


I'm not sure if you can see the great job my long arm quilter did, but she quilted little campfires, bugs, camp lanterns, an outdoor chair, and a camper that hooks to your vehicle! The quilting is just delightful! Thank you, Joyce!



When I opened the jelly rolls, I was delighted to see that there were 3 strips with an argyle design--and it came in blue, brown and green. Henry frequently wears little argyle sweater vests in the winter, so this fabric was obviously designed with him in mind!

My binding is all stitched down, all I have to do is make a label for that back. Yea, another finish for 2012.

My next project is to make the same quilt for my granddaughter using some pink fabrics.


I've lost track of how many of these my friend Pam has made..it's 2 or 3 now. She even machine quilts them herself. Good job, Pam!

Till next time, keep stitchin'!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment