Monday, January 2, 2017

Another Mystery for the New Year!

Happy New Year, friends!


I wish you good health, happiness, peace, and lots of love from family and friends!

I started my new year working on the Merry Mayhem mystery quilt, which I have done for several years now. This year Pam and Anne joined me. You may still download the mystery if you hurry and go to http://merrymayhem.com/newyearsday.html


This is Pam's block (above). She used Civil War repro scraps--a very scrappy block, turned out fabulous, don't you think?!


This is Anne's block (above). She chose 3 fabrics from her stash--a no buy project! A black solid, a white solid, and a pink and black print. Very fun!


Here's my block (above and below). My choice was to pick lots of blue fabrics from my stash. I did buy 3 yards for the background fabric. 


We each made 4 blocks during the day. All three of us decided not to set our blocks the way Merry Mayhem had them set. We felt there was too much of the background fabrics--a very "Modern Quilt" setting, which none of us are modern quilts. So we discussed how we could set the blocks differently. I think Anne wants to finish her 4 blocks as a small baby or lap quilt. Pam and I both are thinking about making 5 more blocks and setting them with a 2" finished sashing. This will make a nice lap size quilt. The block as shown measures 16" square.

Today, January 2, I worked on our first group project for our Kindred Spirits quilt group. I will demonstrate this little quilt, from Kathy Tracy's new book, "Small and Scrappy" from Martingale. This is the "Disappearing Four-Patch Runner" which will measure when finished, 6 inches x 17 inches. A tiny quilt indeed!


January Quilt Project Goals:

1.  Complete 9 blocks to make Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt.
2.  Complete (quilt and bind) mini Disappearing 4-Patch Runner.
3.  Complete sewing Bob's birthday quilt and get it to the long-arm quilter.
4.  Create list for February Beach Quilt Retreat projects.

Till next time, enjoy your new year, much joy to you ahead, and hopefully lots of time to do some needlework!

Happy Quilting,
Mary in Richmond VA

No comments:

Post a Comment