Saturday, July 21, 2012

Girls Night Out


Our local quilt shop has a once a month get-together on a Friday, I guess they're called "sit and stitch" at other shops. It's just so relaxing to spend some time with good friends, catching up on the latest news and accomplishing some stitching at the same time. Deanna brought her king-size appliqued quilt to show. Wow! It's about 120 inches square. Deanna will quilt it on her long arm machine.





And I'm sorry to say I don't remember whose quilt this is...Kay is this yours? The applique is incredible! All needle-turn.

And this one, I believe, belongs to Carol. I generally lean to more traditional fabrics, but this is so fun. It would be fun on a sunporch with white wicker furniture!

I picked up my next Generals Wives block, so I am itchin to stitch that up! And I also will be working on my spool challenge.

Today is Christmas in July on QVC and I've been having so much watching it today! I only spent $30.00 on a Jim Shore Christmas basket. I was tempted to buy the snowman cookie jar, but I really want one that looks like a gingerbread house ;-)

Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely hated not being there - I was so upset with me. The rooster quilt might be Deanna's. If not, she has one just like it. I have the pattern now. I know, I know! It's crazy! The last time I saw it, I came straight home and bought the pattern!

    ReplyDelete