Monday, February 15, 2016

Sewing at the Beach

I spent last week at Nags Head, North Carolina with some friends at a quilting retreat. We had lots of fun sewing, eating, shopping, watching tv and relaxing.
One of Nancy's projects (above) is the Jamestown Sampler. It was a block of the month at our LQS several years back. Nancy is piecing it and it will be a raffle quilt for the Richmond Area Quilt Guild.
 Here's the view from our great room! We had a few days of bad storms (including some snow), but it did clear up in enough time for us to view the dolphins playing one afternoon. They are such beautiful animals!
This is the Kindred Spirits project for March. It's called "Split Decision" and is a tablerunner about 15 inches by 45 inches. I used mostly Jo Morton fabrics. I have machine quilted and bound it. 

I made a new walker bag for my mom who lives in Florida. This is a free pattern I downloaded from Etsy. She will be 96 in 3 weeks! And she is doing amazing well.
My friend Pam and I are making the Trifle Dish Row-by-Row quilt that is a free pattern at ModaBakeShop. This is row 1--Pam's on the bottom, mine are on the top. It's called Spinning Spools.



Carmen is working on the Vintage Farm Girl quilt(s). She's making 12 inch and 6 inch blocks. These are a few of the ones she made this week. I thought I took a photo of her adorable red flowered tractor--but I don't see it! Rats!

I'm also working on TheSplendidSampler by Pat Sloan and her friend Jane. But I'll save that for another post!

Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary in cold Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment