Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thimbleberries Club



Our Thimbleberries club met this past Thursday, and many of us in the group are doing the additional mystery project of making scrappy flying geese and turning them in at the meeting. They will be kept in "incubation" until the end of the club year, when a mystery pattern will be revealed to set them together.  The goal is to make 16 geese a month. Here are my January and March blocks. The February blocks are all of a pretty green/pink floral--I guess I forgot to take their picture!

I like making my flying geese using a method called "No Waste Flying Geese." For these blocks, the darker fabric is cut at 7-1/4 inches and 4 background squares are cut at 3-7/8 inches. You can find a terrific handout that will walk you through the process at http://www.patchpieces.com/ . Go to "sharing patch" and click on no waste flying geese. I have taught this method many times and it's just wonderful how no fabric is wasted or leftover. You will have 4 identical flying geese when you are finished.

Have fun trying a new technique, and keep stitching!  Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment