Friday, October 19, 2012

Little Women

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of His glory."
Isaiah 6:3

Our Little Women group met Saturday, Oct. 13, and of course we had fun talking with friends and fondling fabric! Our assignment last month was to make the Pottery Shards quilt. We had 5 beautiful examples of this Jo Morton project. I just love how you can take the same pattern, give it to 5 different people, and come up with such individual looking projects.





Charlotte gets a huge "Atta-Girl!" award for her amazing Yankee Doodle quilt (above). There are a bazillion teeny tiny yoyos in the center. The medallion star is surrounded by hand appliqued stars and circles. Great job, Charlotte! Mine is as far as adding the final row of red/white triangles. When I get that done, I'll post a photo for you--just don't hold your breath ;-)

Pam led the project portion of the meeting, showing her completed Bacon and Eggs quilt, and walking us through the pattern. Thanks, Pam, for taking the lead on this one. I really like how yours turned out. The setting fabric is a red and white paisley from Jo Morton that almost reads pink. Good job, Pam! I must add I didn't really like this pattern until I realized you can make those yellow/white/black 9-patches from a Honey Bun roll. I had several and chose one called "Basket of Flowers" by Mary Engelbreit. That quilt is still a work in progress, will post as I make progress.

I have more photos of our meeting to post and will do that a little later. In the meantime, friends, keep stitchin'!
Mary

2 comments:

  1. They are all lovely. I have been thinking about joining JLW in January but the precision piecing may be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Lou, I always start our group out with the easiest pattern in the bunch and work from there. It has been fun to see our members improve their sewing skills over time. It just takes repetition and perserverence. We had a lesson on mitered borders, and it was so gratifying to see several gals try it, and do very well with it!

    ReplyDelete