Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Little Women


I've had soooo much trouble posting pictures to my blog! My resident computer expert--my hubby--finally updated me to google chrome and turned off the pop-ups. I think this will work this time!

So here are the results of our first 2013 Little Women meeting. This time we are working through Kathleen Tracy's book "The Civil War Sewing Circle." Several of the members came to the first meeting with the first quilt already done. We are making the Scrappy Doll Quilt this month. The album blocks (photo above) are a project that is due in April. In December we will have our 2nd challenge to put the blocks together into a quilt.

 These two quilts were made by Vickie. She needs some more of that background fabric (above). Hopefully one of our members will be able to share some with her. Her second quilt (below) is already quilted and bound. 


The quilt above is mine....all quilted and bound. Pam made the one below in navy, red and off white.



Carol made the quilt above with Jo Morton fabrics. Charlotte made special fabric with the Michigan State logo on it. It will be a gift for her brother. She wins the creativity prize this month!




We also will be making a sampler quilt with a block of the month challenge. I'm going to set my 12 sampler blocks with 13 chain link blocks. The blocks will finish at 12 inches, which are pretty big to this group who mostly make miniatures. We're also hoping to use some of our scraps up with this project!

I plan to get the remainder of the photos from our meeting posted soon. I've just really been so frustrated with blogger. This is I believe, the 3rd time I've written this post. Hopefully when I come back to it, it will be saved and posted!
Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment