Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Wayward Girls

First let me wish you all a happy and blessed Easter. I hope you were able to enjoy your day with family and/or friends. I wish you God's blessings on this holiest day of the Christian calendar.

I had a very enjoyable day yesterday with my quilting buddies--the Wayward Girls had another sewing day. We start about 9am and sew until noon, when we break for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Then we decided to make a run out to Joann's--after all, who can resist a notions sale at 50% off ! Then it's back to sew again until dinner time. Carol brought a wonderful pork loin in the crock pot, and it was delicious! After dinner we get in a few more hours of sewing. We each made great progress on several projects.  

Carol worked to get caught up with her Cotton Club block-of-the-month project. She finished 7 of her little 5 inch blocks. 

Pam is working on a wonderfully soft blue and cream colored quilt that reminds her of her beautiful Texas blue bonnets. I told her it would fit in perfectly in my blue and yellow guest room, but she didn't agree.  Here is her project so far:



 I wanted to work on a project for Thimbleberries show and tell. It's called Party Pumpkins Tablecloth and is from their book You're Invited. I don't have any Halloween quilts, so I decided it was time to make one. This should look cute on my table in the dining room come October. It was so fun to make with fusible heat 'n bond lite, and machine buttonhole stitch. I was also able to use two fancy machine stitches, one down the middle of the moons, and one over the short seams of the pieced top. I still have to add a pieced border in black and cream and a final 4 inch black border.

I hope you enjoyed our little show and tell. Till next time, keep stitchen!  Mary

1 comment:

  1. It was certainly a pleasure to be there! As usually, you and Carol are delightful company. Even Dusty hung around more. Thank you for putting up with us!

    ReplyDelete