Sunday, May 27, 2012

Little Garden by Thimbleberries

 I'm working on the Thimbleberries quarterly quilt called "Little Garden." I decided to change out the light background fabric featured in the pinwheels. The kit fabric had tiny pink and green rosebuds on it, and I found a background fabric with blue and green flowers in it that I liked better. As this will be a summer wallhanging I didn't want pink in mine.

Before our next meeting we are supposed to have the dark blue inner border and the white picket fence border sewn on. I have my assignment for the month!

This is a picture of the completed quilt. I do enjoy a good Thimbleberries pattern, the directions are very well done and they tell you at each step what size your project should measure. And on a bright note, I took my spring Thimbleberries project--"Love Me Tender" to Joyce, my quilter, Saturday. She quilted the shop sample with a beautiful swirled heart pattern, and I asked her to do the same to mine. Hopefully I will have that in a few weeks. When I dropped off my top she had a quilt in the machine with horses on it. Very interesting! She was quilting a lasso pattern onto the quilt. Joyce is very creative and does such a nice job.


Here is the baby quilt I picked up from the quilters yesterday. It is a "bow-twist" block. You can attach baby rattles or toys to the little twisty parts as they are only tacked down at the corners. Joyce quilted a frog on a lilly pad design. Isn't it cute! My little great-nephew will be 6 months old if I don't get this in the mail soon. (That's what happens when mom delivers early, and the sew-er and the quilter have life get in the way!) This color-way is a real change for me, as I prefer to sew with Civil War reproduction fabrics. It was quite fun to make!

Design wall tomorrow...I have 2 different things on the design wall, so will show you both projects. Until then, keep stitchin'! 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment