Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I hope you all are having a good Mother's Day. I spent the day with my hubby, our two sons, two daughters-in-law and two grandchildren! It doesn't get any better than that!  And we went out for a fabulous brunch so no one had to cook. 

What do you get for the woman who has everything? When my 90-year old mother had a birthday recently, I gave her this:

A little family tree!  The tree itself stands about 10 inches high. I went through her photo albums and found some great photos that I cropped and printed and then cut to fit in the small frames. I purchased the last two trees that Joann's had on the shelf.  The photo on the lower right was taken on their wedding day, August 1945.  In the photo above the wedding photo, I'm the little girl in the middle! I don't know why my charm square tote bag is in the photo, I guess I finished it about the same time I finished the little family tree.

And yes, I was able to talk with my mom in Florida and wish her a happy other's day!

I've been stitching more log cabins and am up to 57 of them. I don't really have anything to show you since the last time I showed you the log cabins in my design wall. You see, the design wall only holds so many of them and I can't get any more up there!

Have a great day, and till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment