Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Thimbleberries Quilts

Our Thimbleberries group had a nice show and tell this week. The "Log Cabin Pines" project above is not due until August, but Carol had gone on a sewing retreat and got a few projects ahead of us.  

Here's a few Teapot quilts. Pam's quilt above is from Cottage Quilts, and Wanda's Teapots, below is from our Pint Size Traditions book. It's actually called "Tea Time" and was the project due in April. I do want to make this quilt as I have some darling fabric with teapots on it. I think I'd actually like to make the bigger quilt to showcase that fabric in the border.


Wanda made "Pine Berries" above, the May quilt, but didn't add the applique to to the corners. I love her fabric border choice! The "Flowers in Bloom", below, is my March project. I was determined to finish it, rather than start another quilt and then have two ufos. I have decided I won't be making each project in Thimbleberries, but hope to actually piece, quilt and bind 6 of them.




The quilt above is called "Table Topper Square." It's a bonus project from our Pint Size book, and one that I had made some time ago. I sent it to my longarmer and had her quilt those gorgeous feathers in the borders. It's a simple little quilt that looks darling when displayed for a patriotic holiday.


Here's Pam with a pine tree quilt above, made totally from her stash.


 Two darling tote bags! The first tote is called the "Professional Tote." sorry, I forgot the name of the 2nd one. But don't you love the kitty fabric!




Not a Thimblerries project, but I admire her for getting all those hexies together. And here is Ann Banks, below, the owner of "JoJo's Quilt Shop" and don't you know she is actually sewing! Ann is working on hexies, too,



Another cute tote bag above, and another project below that Carol finished while on her sewing retreat. Carol is the queen of paper piecing, and I'm sorry I don't know the name of this project.


And here is our project for May--due at the June meeting. It's called "Glory Be." The blue field gets little gold stars embroidered on it. Carol is making all her Thimbleberries quilts this year with these fabrics. She intends to sew them altogether into a bed size quilt at the end of the year.


Today I had a fun afternoon actually quilting my next Little Women Sewing Circle project using my new Bernina Stitch Regulator. Unless you have one yourself, you might not understand my excitement! I actually got the whole thing finished (well, it is only above 22 inches square! I did the first part of the machine applied binding, and am planning to finish the hand sewing part tonight. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a photo for you next time! Till then, keep stitchin!  Mary

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and enjoyed seeing the quilt pictures from your thimbleberries groups, and all the other pics as well. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete