Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sewing Circle aka Little Women

Our Little Women/Sewing Circle group met today and we had a good time, as usual. This little quilt was a fast and easy project to make. I love how everyone was so creative with their border treatment fabric. Pam (above) who is loyal to the colors of red/white/blue, used a border fabric with Texas blue bonnets.



That's Charlotte above, peeking out from behind her quilt. She's making hers in red/black/tan and is thinking about setting all the small quilts together in one large top--just like she did with last year's projects (below).

 

Charlotte said she almost didn't want to bring her quilt to show us, because she looks at it and sees the "mistakes" in it. We have to learn to not be so hard on ourselves! We all told her that she did a fabulous job on this project. Charlotte gets 10,000 bonus points for creativity, and 20,000 bonus points for finishing her project!


That's Celestia's quilt above, with another creative border choice. Love it, Celestia!
Another scrappy squares quilt finished, above, for Celestia. Such a fun and easy quilt to make.
These two projects are called the "10-minute table runner" and since Tammy had 20 minutes to spare, she made 2 of them ;-) A patriotic one and a Halloween one. She even added little white ghost buttons to the Halloween one. You can find the video on You-tube on how to make it.

And lastly, the fun easy quilt below, by Judi. She is working on reducing her stash, and this is a "no-buy quilt." Good job, Judi. Judi, Pam and Charlotte do their own machine quilting, so when they're done, they truly are done with them!

I almost forgot to show you my quilt! Here it is above. I do love a good blue and brown quilt...I hope you do, too. We are really enjoying the projects from Kathleen Tracy's book. She has a very nice blog, check it out at sentimentalquilter.blogspot.com . She frequently has give aways, and free quilt patterns from time to time. She does small quilts with a historical influence.

And lastly, I hope you all have an enjoyable Mother's Day tomorrow and can spend time in person or by phone with your mom. My precious mother is 93 and I cherish every minute I have with her. Hubby and I will have brunch with our 2 sons, 2 d-i-ls, and 3 grandchildren. What a fun day! And I have a vacation day scheduled for Monday, so I get to play in my sewing room too! I hope you have a good weekend as well! and till next time, keep stitchin!

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment