Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall has arrived in Virginia!

Thank goodness fall is here! As this has been our worst summer EVER, I am glad to say goodbye to summer and move on to fall. In my efforts to simplify, I have decided that I'll seasonally decorate just a few areas of my house.


First of course, is the front door and porch area. Down came the spring/summer wreath and up went the fall one. I even found a little scarecrow to add to my ivy plant!


A blue dry sink is located just inside the front door. My Noah's ark is there most of the year (except for Christmas) but I like to put out a few seasonal leaves and pumpkins on the top shelf.


On the inside of the front door is my little fall door quilt. I did this years ago...I think it is an "Art to Heart" pattern.



Then I change out the little quilt in my glass-topped coffee table. I like this little checkerboard one that I made last year, it's made of half inch finished squares. My sugar cookie candle with fall ring sits on top of the table, along with my little Jim Shore cornucopia. I bought the 4 seasonal Jim Shore pieces from QVC just this past year. They're on the small side, about 9 inches long by 7 inches high.


I also decorate the area over our fireplace mantel. It was originally designed for a "big box tv" but we don't need the space for that, so I get to decorate with a little quilt and some fall colors.


I enjoy looking through my fall magazines...Victoria, Celebrate, and my fall quilt magazines. Time to settle down with a nice cup of hot tea and decide which fall-looking project will be my next quilt.


Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment