Monday, September 30, 2013
Make a List Monday
So in the spirit of true confessions, I'm going to borrow this theme from another blogging friend, Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. (You can visit her blog at http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/ ). I really like the idea of being organized, and I TRY to be organized, but it certainly can be a challenge, can't it! I once read that every morning you should write down the top 3 things you want to accomplish that day, and if you accomplish those 3 things, you're doing great! I sometimes do this, but my problem is I'm not really consist with it. So, in the effort to get myself more organized, I'll share my list with you on Mondays. And obviously, it won't only consist of quilting and sewing things! And I'm only going to list 1 item for each day. So, here is my 1st Make a List Monday!
List for the week of September 30th:
2. Decide on setting fabric and put together "Double Hourglass Quilt" from Kathleen Tracy's book "Civil War Sewing Circle." (no photo)
3. Trace applique pattern and begin applique templates/pieces for "Pinwheels in My Garden" from Fat Quarter Quilting by Lori Smith (probably the book our group will be working from in 2014).
4. Find a recipe for blackberry cobbler AND apple strudel and make them both. Add them to my "Christmas Cookbook Journal" if they are keepers. Photo them for the book? Blog about them on my Rudy Day News blog?
5. Complete a lesson for my new Bernina 820QE. Specifically, learn how to get my machine to accept my 37 foot (for you non-Bernina folks out there, that's the quarter inch foot. A MUST have!)
6. Choose another small quilt to hand quilt, layer it, and begin quilting it.
7. Write up 3 commendations for the hospital staff at Johnston Willis Hospital (Midlothian, Virginia). One tireless nurse in Neuroscience ICU literally helped to save his life! Two other nurses went above and beyond to keep him comfortable in the days following his surgery. By the way, 2 of them were female, 1 was a male nurse. I cannot tell you how special these people are in my book!
We'll see how I do with checking things off my list, keeping in mind that I work full time! I'm also the personality type that can research something to death and NEVER actually get around to doing it! So hopefully that won't happen--especially with my recipe ideas. I had the blackberry cobbler at Cracker Barrel this summer and it was delicious, and I've been thinking about making it ever since then! That's almost 3 months of dreaming, and no doing! Am I the only one that does that?
Till next time, keep stitchin!