Sunday, September 22, 2013

Girls Night Out

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb;
Sweet to the taste and health to the body."
Proverbs 16:24
Holman Christian Standard Bible
 
 
 
Good morning and happy Sunday to you all!
 
Once a month, my local quilt shop "JoJo's" in Chesterfield, hosts a "Girls Night Out." A group of us get together to stitch by hand or machine, share a little supper and get caught up with what's happening in everyone's life. These little outings always inspire me...to add a few more blocks...to sew a few rows together...to complete a project! Thanks, friends, for your inspiration!
 
This first photo is a project that Joann is working on--she is doing beautiful machine applique on these adorable bright colored fabric flowers. I believe the pattern is called "Stitcher's Garden."
 

Barbara is making a darling "free" project that she found online. I took a photo of her handout so I had the website, but alas, the photo didn't turn out! Barbara is also doing a beautiful job with her machine applique. Don't you love her darling Sunbonnet Sues?


You probably can't see the wonderful detail in these blocks, but Barbara has hand colored and hand lettered the words. They are from the Book of Proverbs, and have to do with the words we speak.

 
Deanna gets the gold star award for most progress with her projects this month. She pieced these darling "Drunkard's Path" blocks above. She's not sure how she'll set them together. This (below) is her folk art summer quilt. Is this a Liberty Star or Jan Patek pattern? We weren't sure.
 
 
Joann brought her cute quilt featuring these adorable puppies and kitties. Some of the ears are floppy! How cute is this!

 
Deanna also finished her Romantic Valentine quilt. The applique is just wonderful! Great job Deanna! This is what I would call "An Heirloom Quilt." It takes hours and hours to create this kind of beautiful art with fabric. Nicely done, Deanna.
 


Carol was late showing up but she had a great excuse....she had to stop at her longarm quilter's to pickup this patriotic beauty. It is a gift she is giving to her sister-in-law who is in the service. This was a quilt she adapted from our "Shared Nine-Patch" pattern. I helped her by designing the layout for her on EQ.


This was Pam's project, below. It's actually for our Thimbleberries group meeting for November/December. She used a little creative license and didn't use Thimbleberries fabrics. Very cute snowmen, Pam!


And ha ha, I didn't photograph Ann, the shop owner, who was working on the shop website. Come visit it at http://jojosquiltshop.com . And I didn't photo my project, I had brought a small top that I almost finished hand quilting. Guess I'll have to post that in an upcoming bloggie post.

It's been a delightful day. I slept with the window open last night and the cool air felt wonderful. I spent several hours today sewing on a blue and white project either, which I'll post about soon. I have a pot roast in the oven...it's one of those cooking bag easy-peasy dinners. Add stew meat, potatoes, carrots, and packaged spices to a cooking bag, put in a 13x9x2 pan and pop in the oven. It's starting to smell heavenly in here! I ordered a Christmas gift for someone in the family and it arrived today. I also received a delightful Susan Branch calendar/planner that I will use next year. If you haven't discovered her delightful artwork, go visit her at http://susanbranch.com .

I think I'll finish my little bit of hand quilting on last night's project. Then I can bind it tomorrow. Another finish in sight! Have a great day, and till next time, keep stitchin!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment