Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy Quilters Retreat


Twice a year I get to go on a fun weekend retreat with the Chesterfield Happy Quilters. And this was the weekend! It's such fun to spend time with friends who share a common interest with you.

The show and tell was truly wonderful, here are a few quilts from the weekend:


 
Judy's Double Wedding Ring bed topper.
 


That's Kay's quilt above, I forget the name of it. I believe those are 1.5 inch squares!




That's Deanna's Tumbler quilt, above. Deanna's "Vintage Valentine" was one of my favorites. I took a close up of her signature block for you to see also.

 
 
Won't it be wonderful once it's quilted! I have lots more photos and will post them over the next few days. As for me, I worked on advancing 3 particular projects and don't really have anything to show yet. I did have a terrific conversation with Paula, who I discovered owns the same machine I do. (Bernina 820QE) I still have so much to learn about it, but I did pick up a few simple pointers from her. That was worth the price of admission! ;-)
 
Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment