These are the blocks currently on my design wall. They are for the "Union Stars Quilt" from Civil War Sewing Circle. The blocks finish at 12 inches. There are two colorways, the one above has a blue center and large red triangles. The alternate block, below, has a different blue center with large blue triangles. I made a few mistakes that had to be corrected. I made 2 sets of hourglass blocks and my math was way off and they wound up being way too small. So I had to remake those. And in another block, I sewed 3 hourglass blocks from one fabric and the 4th from a different red fabric. I didn't spot that until the block was completed, so I had to rip that part out.
Isn't that ziggy print in the center a hoot! I have no idea where it came from! Here's my design wall with the 12 blocks on it. I'm very pleased at how they turned out. The next step, of course, is to make the sashing and cornerstones. And I'm pleased to say this is another quilt made only from my stash.
And I just now noticed the mistake in the block on the bottom row, middle. I guess that's a good enough reason to get those blocks up on a design wall. You notice things that you otherwise might not notice! Okay, so I guess I'm not quite ready for sashing and cornerstones...have to do a little frog stitching first (that's rip-it, rip-it).
That's it for today! I've been working on another "Leader and Ender" project that uses 2-1/2 inch strips of fabric from my stash. But that's for another day! Till next time, keep stitchin!