The Scrap Therapy group that I'm in had done some fabric strip exchanges, and I pulled quite a few of the greens, planning it to be at least 25% green fabrics in the piecing. To go with the Robyn Pandolph fabric, I pulled some pinks also. The off-white small background print is something that has been in my stash for at least 8 years, and I had over 6 yards of it. (Backstory: I worked in a quilt shop partime, and whenever the shop owner had a fabulous end-of-bolt sale, I bought big chunks of background fabrics. I still have more background pieces in my stash!) Now that fabrics on the shelf are sporting $12 a yard price tags, I really appreciate having the wisdom to stock up when fabric was marked down to $4 a yard! Shameless bragging, I know, and I apologize!
I got so carried away making the pieced blocks that I have the second Scrappily Happily Irish quilt blocks 25% pieced! I did strip piece some of this, most of my strips were cut from fat quarters.
It's just so much fun when a project cooperates with you. This was easy to sew, and such fun to put up on the design wall. I wish my design wall were a little bigger! Bonnie does make very big quilts, and I am cutting mine down in size a bit. I need to make quilts for my queen size poster bed at least 88 inches square. I use pillow shams, and I like making square quilts so they can be turned any direction on the bed. I'm anxious to send this to my long-arm quilter, but I have something else in line before this one can get quilted. It's my granddaughter's quilt...shhhh...don't tell. Once I get the border on that one, I'll post a pix for you.
Till then, keep stitchin!