Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Wayward Girls


The Wayward Girls were only two strong on Saturday, August 4, so we had a rather relaxed agenda...heck...we had no agenda...for our sewing day. In the morning, Pam worked on one of her works in progress, as did. I'm still making 8 inch log cabin blocks for my "Underground Railroad" (a Log Cabin quilt-- it's a Jennifer Chiaverini pattern). I already posted a photo of 1/4 of the quilt so I really don't have anything new to show on that project. I'm going to set it 12 x 12, for a total of 144 blocks. I am up to 110 blocks now.

After lunch at the Crazy Greek, which we shared with our husbands, Pam worked on another Mary Mayhem quilt (below). She plans to keep this one (see also: Merry Mayhem quilt)! It's so bright and cheerful, we both really like it. I has a 30s vibe to me, I can picture it on a white enamel topped kitchen table with white painted chairs.

We both fell in love with the little 12 inch square seasonal quilts by the Wooden Bear. I have quite a few summer and fall quilts, but very few Halloween quilts. I thought this little pumpkin guy (above) was a cutie, so I worked on him and had this to show after just a few minutes work.



We're having our "Spool Quilt Challenge" this Saturday at Little Women Club, so we worked on dividing up the prizes into 4 bags. We always have such a good time at Little Women, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment