Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Quilters

We just returned from a vacation in Clearwater, Florida, celebrating Mom's 93rd birthday! It's great to go...and great to be back home. Mom doesn't have WIFI and I think we all had withdrawal! I did want to share some of the photos from the previous Happy Quilters group weekend retreat with you. We had lots of fun and there was quite a variety of projects.




This darling quilt is a project for a grandson that loves turtles. I wish I had gotten the name of the machine embroidery design. Isn't it the cutest thing!



I'm not sure of the name of the design on top..Indian Hatchet maybe? The photo below it is a good old bow tie.  Love the colors on both of these projects.


This redwork quilt will be wonderful, don't you agree!

I do love a good scrappy quilt, and sometimes the simple designs--like  a pinwheel--are just fabulous when sewn up and quilted. This design would make a good dent in our scrap bins, wouldn't it?

This is one of the few times I've gone on vacation and didn't bring a sewing machine with me. 10 whole days and no machine stitching! I did bring some handwork and hand quilted 2 small quilts. But that post is for another day. Now we're off to pick up my Bernina from her spa break. She really needed a tuneup and check, because I use it so heavily. It's gray and rainy here today, and I hope to stop at the garden store and buy something fresh and wonderful...I need some cheerful flowers to perk things up today. It's so wonderful being back home!

Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment