Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!



Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you Irish and not-so-Irish! We celebrated by going to a "Women of Ireland" concert with some friends last night. The music was wonderful, the voices were perfectly blended and the dancing was incredible! If this group comes to your area, I recommend that you go. It is a very fun way to spend an evening. We ended the program by singing "God Bless America" and I must tell you, that anthem always brings a tear to my eyes.

Our Thimbleberries group is having fun with their projects so far, working out of the book "Pint-Size Traditions". I thought I'd post a few of our quilts. I am still not in the habit of bringing the camera to every meeting (Note to self: leave a camera in the car!) so I don't have pix of everyone's quilts. But here is a sampling.


January's assignment was to make the little Bear Paw quilt. I actually do have 4 blocks done at this point. My quilt is going to be blue, yellow and green.





Our February project is this Flowers in Bloom. I think it looks like a Sunflower:






And our March project is called Pine Berries, sorry no photo yet.


May I close by giving you an Old Irish Blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Have a wonderful day, and keep stitchin'!
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Thimblerries minis. Happy St Patricks's Day to you also.

    ReplyDelete