Monday, April 1, 2013

Wishing you a Blessed Easter

I hope you all had a happy and blessed Easter. We were able to spend time with one of our sons and DIL and grandson, Kian.  Kian was really having fun posing with our tulips...and then we remembered the bunny ears! How cute is this little guy!




I put a few spring decorations out, not many, actually. I just took the winter wreath down off the front door today! My spring wreath is beautiful, but alas, it is hanging high on the wall in the garage. Retrieving it and getting it up on the front door will be my next little project.

Say hello to Kiwi! We are bird sitting for our other son and DIL while they are on spring break. Kiwi is very sociable and needs to have someone chat with him on a regular basis. He says "Pretty Bird" very plainly. Oh...hubby is taking him out of his cage now!


We did get one sewing-related project finished today....We recovered my ironing surface with the pretty rose patterned floral (above). I'm trying to add some "Shabby Chic" touches to my sewing room. This fabric is so cheerful, I'm really pleased with it. It was a remnant at Joanns and only cost me $7.00...it's a decorator weight cotton fabric. I also bought a small package of Warm and Natural batting and laid two layers of that down on the top board, then stapled the floral fabric all around the back.


The two quilts made from 30s fabrics on the wall are "Little Quilts" patterns. The other two quilts are Jo Morton designs. I do love a good mini quilt!




My ironing surface was actually sold as a bakers rack for the kitchen. We removed the top shelving unit. I have my Civil War repros and some other scraps in the bins below.


I'm working on rearranging some of my sewing room. It seems to get cluttered so easily, and it needs some straightening time on a regular basis. Wish I had a sewing fairy to come in and clean up after me! I also wish she would come in and finish some of my UFOs for me!

I did a little sewing today, I'm working on some 6 inch red and white pinwheels. I have 21 made and need a total of 36. For some reason, they're going very slowly! I'm hoping to use up some scraps and make a Quilts of Valor quilt at the same time. Stay tuned and I'll show you my progress!

I hope you had a good weekend...spring is definitely here today (at last!) and its so nice to have the windows open for a change. Hubby started dinner...life is good!

Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment