Saturday, April 27, 2013

March Sewing Circle

 I have been wanting to post the photos from our March Sewing Circle group. Our project was to make the churn dash quilt from Kathleen Tracy's book "Civil War Sewing Cirlce."

 Love, love, love a blue quilt!








 We had a few sampler quilt blocks, too. That's Linda above, with her square in a square block. You can see Pam's sampler quilt blocks on the design wall in the photo below.




Hi Ann! Oh my goodness, now that's what I call a mini! We have a new English Paper Piecing group that meets at the shop. Of course you can make your hexies in any size from 1/2" to 3" or so. How cute is that little one!



Thanks Pam, for leading the group that day. We were in Florida on a short vacation so I missed the chance to get together with everyone. I trust you all had a good time!

We're doubling up on our sampler blocks so that our top will be complete by September. Maybe we'll even have some quilt tops for our December show and tell. I really do enjoy making sampler quilts. Since you make only one of each block, you don't get bored! And it's a great way to use up some smaller pieces of fabric.

Hubby and I have been working hard on my sewing room today. We bought an Expedit shelving unit from Ikea in December and finally got it put together today. Once I get my sewing room organized I'll give you some before and after photos. It has really been fun trying to figure out what to put on display in the new shelving unit. My goodies are pretty much a mixture of books, magazines and fabrics. And since there was a Murder She Wrote marathon today, Jessica Fletcher kept us company while we worked.

Till next time, keep stitchin!
Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment