Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hymn Challenge

Today I completed two of the Hymn Challenges that Patter Cross has posted. Today's hymn is one I had never heard before...May the Mind of Christ, written by Kate B. Wilkinson.

May the Mind of Christ my Savior
Live in me day to day,
By His love and pow'r controlling
All I do and say.

I love hymns that are pretty much scripture put to music. Colossians 3:16-17 says: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Here is my 5 inch x 7 nch page:


Paper and rose diecut: October Afternoon (Farmhouse, Guest Room)
Martha Stewart Eyelet Scallop Punch.

As you can see, I am really into the "Shabby Chic" look. I need to get to the store and buy some more white and ecru colored lace!

And here is the Hymn Challenge from February 12:  This hymn is "Standing on the Promises of Christ my King" written by Russell Kelso Carter. What an interesting person he is! A military student, gifted athlete, professor of chemistry, math, engineering, sheep rancher, an ordained minister--and a medical doctor. However did he find time to do all of that?!  But--back to the hymn. What wonderful words!

Verse 2:
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

And here is my page (more Shabby Chic):


Papers:  Bazzill Basics (Rome), Pink Paislee (Vintage Vogue)
Die Cutter:  Revolution with Spellbinders scalloped rectangle.
Inks: Colorbox black and Colorbox Cat Eye lavender
Glue:  Memory Book Glue Dots, Therm O Web Foam Squares
Fiskars Scalloped Scissors

Be sure to visit Patter Cross' blog at http://www.triplethescraps.blogspot.com/ to follow her hymn challenge. Even if you don't create your own art page, you will be blessed just to read her text.

Till next time, keep stitchin' and scrapbookin'!


4 comments:

  1. You have chosen such wonderful scriptures for your pages, they are both beautiful. The Martha Stewart punch on the first one is so pretty and the beautiful bow really adds a lovely touch on the second one with those beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created two lovely pages for these hymns and scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your pages are fabulous! I love the touches of lace. You also pick some great verses to go along with the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I can see the changes that you made to the page...since I'm going backwards. They're like two completely different pages! Both are lovely but the "improved" page is definitely stepped up a notch or two! It's fun to see!
    These are both lovely and again, the Scriptures are wonderful!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete