Monday, February 13, 2012

Thimbleberries and Valentines

All I want for Valentine's Day....is a little chocolate, some time to sew, and lunch at Applebee's! Hubby brought me some beautiful pink roses, and we both decided to take a vacation day. I've been working on my Thimbleberries project. If you're participating in this years "Pattern Party" club, you've probably been making some progress on your project also. First I downloaded a fabric chart from the Thimbleberries web site (http://www.thimbleberries.com/). Go to free patterns to locate the fabric chart. I love the pinks, purples and greens in the border fabric, so I cut it double size for the chart.


Here's the book we are using; this year we are making 4 separate seasonal wallhangings, beginning with the spring one called "Love Me Tender." I cut the pieces for Part 1 out on Saturday and just finished sewing it together. It turned out very nice if I do say so myself.

Our meeting is Thursday and I will be the substitute teacher this month. Tomorrow I hope to complete Part 2, which is a delightful heart border with green hearts. Sewing tip:  Our local Food Lion carries a non-aerosol spray starch by Niagara...it's biodegradable, ozone friendly, and has a fresh linen scent. I hope you can find it and will try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment